Friday, April 30, 2010

zephaniah

so two days ago. i stole some toilet paper. Haha it seems harmless but the fact is. it was pre-meditated theft. i knew Caribou had extra toilet paper(i could possibly get in trouble if any Caribou workers are reading this..) i knew we needed some for our dorm so i went there and took a couple rolls for our room. i walked away feeling some guilt but acting as if it was a small sin. the truth is it would be the same thing as grand theft auto. in both situations my heart is in the same state: selfish and unrepentant and not listening to the Lord's gentle Spirit telling me to stop and follow Him. my roomate convicted me. overall i don't think i'll steal toilet paper anytime soon again. but the Lord reminded me of Jeruselam and how they daily kept turning from the Him whether it seemed small or big. they were unrepentant and unbelieving. somedays, actually most days I am like Jerusalem...

"She listens to no voice; she accepts no correction.
She does not trust in the lord; She does not draw near to God."-Zephaniah 3:3


but this verse brings hope...

"The Lord within her is righteous; he does no injustice; every morning He shows forth His justice; each dawn He does not fail..."Zephaniah 3:5

because of Jesus' blood we can say...

"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17



what a beautiful picture of His love.

He will rejoice over you! just like Jesus said in Luke 15 Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost.' Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.


i listen to no voice, i except no correction and yet You forgive. thank you for Your unfathomable grace oh Lord.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you! You inspired me today:-)

Unknown said...

I love that passage in Zephaniah... in fact I remember discovering the hope in that verse when I was an RA... ah.