Tuesday, December 1, 2009

thirsty.

"For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground."
"who says to the deep, 'Be dry; I will dry up your rivers' "-Isaiah 44
i have been thirsting and hungering for quite awhile and the Lord has, once again, graciously shown me where I am looking for nourishment, and it's not where I'll find it.
it says in Jeremiah 2 "has a nation changed its gods even though they are no gods? but my people have changed their glory for that which does no profit...for my people have committed two evils: they forsaken me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed out cisterns for themselves broken cistern that can hold no water."

my precious friend lauren showed me this testimony by jennifer toledo on this website
http://heburnsforme.com/Jennifer_Toledo.html

I encourage you to listen to it. but in the middle of her sweet sweet testimony she talks about her encounter with a small tribe in Africa. She goes there by the call of her Father's voice, when she gets there she realizes that the land and people have strongholds from the Enemy that need to be broken. Not knowing why the Lord has sent her she follows the Lord's will and helps to revive the people and the land, when she brings the tribes to learn about strongholds of the Enemy and how much stronger of a hold the Lord can have over them, people begin to get saved and realize the love of a Savior. On the day she brings them together she prays for a sign from the Lord that He is well pleased with this, he sends rain...he sends rain on ground that has been dry for years. She returns a year later and finds that the once desolate and dry ground had become fertile soil that was prospering so well worldvision packed up and left the once starving and revilrous tribe.


Sometimes the Lord dries up our land and our crappy cisterns only so He can fill it with His overflowing fountain of living waters



sweet Abba. come take away the idols we long for that will not ever fully satisfy, so that we have a thirst. A thirst and hunger for You and the love You've shown through Your blood on the cross and the daily bread you feed our souls.


No comments: