Sunday, August 15, 2010

paul. the verdict

So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me..
Already you have all you want! Already you have become rich! You have become kings..
1 corinthians 4:1-5,8
And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Beloved Son; with whom I am well pleased." Matthew 3:17


sometimes i feel like i'm in a court room and i look to everyone else to fill me or judge me or tell me who i am as a woman. this verse reminds us not to live that way. don't let others view of you matter. don't even let your view of yourself matter. let Christ's view of you matter. become like Paul whose "concience is clear but that does not make him innocent." His concience is clear not because he is perfect and righteous but because He only cares how the Lord sees Him, through the work of Christ...forgiven, Beloved, a "king"(or queen) and co-heir with Christ. let the Lord's verdict on you matter above all else..

so what's the verdict? according to the sufferings of the most loving Man who ever lived around 2000 years ago. you are His beloved.
court adjourned..

1 comment:

Lauren said...

i love this and needed that. thank you